Dr. James F. Walgenbach
Professor and Extension Entomologist
Research (50%) and Extension (50%): Pest management of arthropod pests on tree fruits and vegetables.
Major research and extension programs include:
- Development and implementation of IPM programs for selected fruits (apples and peaches) and vegetable crops (fruiting vegetables and cucurbits).
- Population dynamics, resistance management, and biological control of spider mites and thrips on vegetables.
- Biology and management of brown marmorated stink bug
- Mating disruption of tortricid pests in tree fruits
- Evaluation of pesticides against pest and beneficial arthropods.
- Professor & Extension Specialist, NC State Univ., 1997-present
- Associate Professor & Extension Specialist, NC State Univ., 1992-97
- Assistant Professor & Extension Specialist, NC State Univ., 1986-92
- Graduate Asst., Post-doctoral Res. Assoc., Univ. Wisconsin, 1980-86
- B.S., University of Wisconsin, Madison (Plant Pathology), 1979
- M.S., University of Wisconsin, Madison (Entomology), 1982
- Ph.D., University of Wisconsin, Madison (Entomology), 1984
Mountain Horticultural Crops Research & Extension Center
455 Research Drive
Mills River, NC 28759
Phone: 828-435-2015 ~ Fax: 828-684-8715