Dr. Jeanine Davis
Associate Professor and Extension Specialist, Horticultural Science
The objective of my program is to increase the environmental and economical sustainability of agriculture by optimizing organic production systems and introducing and developing new crops.
- 20% research and 80% extension with emphasis on organic agriculture in western North Carolina, culinary and medicinal herbs, non-timber forest products, mushrooms, and specialty crops
- North Carolina Specialty Crops Program, manager of western activities
Program Support Personnel
- Margaret Bloomquist, Organic Broccoli, Medicinal Herb, and Eastern Broccoli Projects, Research Assistant.
- Kelly Gaskill, Hops and Stevia Projects, Research Assistant.
- Luping Qu, Ph.D., Organic Cucurbit Research Project and general program support, Research Specialist.
- Reuben Travis, general program support, Research Assistant.
- Lijing Zhou, Ph.D., Echinacea Research Project, websites design, and data analysis, Postdoc.
- New Crops and Organics
- Alternative Crops and Organics Blog
Due to budget cuts, I have had to get creative to keep my program funded and maintain the level of research and extension activity that we had in the past. If you would like to help and become a Friend of the NC Alternative Crops and Organics Program, please print out this form and mail it in or go to my blog page for more information. Thank you for your continuing support!
Mountain Horticultural Crops Research & Extension Center
455 Research Drive
Mills River, NC 28759
Phone: 828-684-3562 ~ Fax: 828-684-8715